This page contains guidance on how to configure the Datapower Gateway release for both on-prem and IBM Cloud. Note - you do not need to install this chart unless you are using DataPower as a standalone capability. When you install API Connect, it installs its own version of this chart as part of the APIC Cluster.
- Change project to eventstreamsoc project datapower
- Go to CP4I Platform Home. Click Create instance inside the DataPower tile.
- A window will pop up with a description of the requirements for installing. Click Continue to the helm chart deployment configuration.
- Click Overview to view the chart information and pre-reqs that were covered in Prepare Installation.
- Click Configure
- Enter the Helm release name. In our example, datapower
- Enter Target Namespace - datapower
- Select a Cluster - local-cluster.
- Check the license agreement.
- Under Parameters click All Parameters to expand.
- Ingress - icp-proxy address defined during icp / common-services installation - icp-proxy.<openshift-router-domain>
- Image Pull Secret - Set to
ibm-entitlement-keyif using entitled registry or if offline use the
deployer-dockercfg-XXsecret in your datapower namespace. Use
oc get secretsto get the exact value for your environment.
- Scroll down to External access settings - enter the proxy address - icp-proxy.<openshift-router-domain>.
- Note: If you want to enable access to the WebUI and XML/Rest Interfaces for your datapower instance, you will need to change those manually. Otherwise, they will default to disabled.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click Install.
- check pods using the command lineoc get pods -n datapowerNAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGEdp-1-ibm-datapower-icp4i-fb888677-mvd9q 1/1 Running 0 3m
Access the web interface (if enabled) by port-forwarding the port defined in the deployment (default 9090).kubectl port-forward pod/dp-pod-name 9090:9090
Access the web UI with local port
Login using default credentials
If other features such as SSH (default 9022) or REST management interface (default 5554) are enabled, they can similarly be accessed via
localhostby port-forwarding their respectively defined ports.