This page contains guidance on how to configure the Asset Repository release for both on-prem and IBM Cloud.
- You have a few choices on where you can deploy the Asset Repository.
You can either deploy it to the
integrationnamespace or wherever your platform navigator is installed, or in some cases (like IBM Cloud) where a separate namespace will be created for the asset repository.
- The Asset Repository Requires the use of persistent storage, like gluster-fs and/or ceph. Note that there are some parts of the Asset Repo that work better with block storage (like Cloudant). These will be called out in the installation instructions below.
- To use the remote syncing capability into github, a publically facing github account is required. More info on this can be found here.
- Note that the default replica set size for the install for all of the asset repo components is 3. For POC/Dev type systems, you can scale these back to one replica to save resources. However note this is NOT recommended for production systems.
- You might need to add permissions for your namespace, depending on
where you are installing the asset repository. Use the following commands
and replace the last <namespace> argument with your targeted
namespace. If you are installing this into the same namespace where the
platform navigator is located, use that namespace (e.g.
oc adm policy add-scc-to-group ibm-anyuid-scc system:serviceaccounts:<namespace>
- Go to CP4I Platform Home. Click Create Instance inside the Asset Repo tile.
- A window will pop up with a description of the requirements for installing. Click Continue to the helm chart deployment configuration.
- Click Overview to view the chart information and pre-reqs.
- Click Configure
- Enter the Helm release name. In our example, asset-repo
- Enter Target Namespace. As indicated above, this can be in
integrationnamespace or another namespace setup for you.
- Select a Cluster - local-cluster.
- Tick the license agreement box.
- Under Parameters -> Quick start a. Hostname of the ingress proxy to be configured - This will be your proxy node for your install.
- Click All Parameters twisty
- Image Pull Secret -> Set to
ibm-entitlement-keyif using entitled registry or if offline use the
deployer-dockercfg-XXsecret in your ace namespace. Use
oc get secretsto get the exact value for your environment.
- Untick the
- Double check that the
Platform Navigator Namespaceis set properly for your environment.
Cloudant metadata store storage classset that value to your block storageclass. Non-block will work fine here too, but block will definitely be faster.
- As you go through the chart, you can scale down the replicas
Catalog Remotesfrom 3 to 1.
- Be sure to also set the
Asset storage Storage Classand
Catalog remotes Storage Classto your non-block storage.
- Scroll down and then Click Install to fire off the chart installation
- Here is a representation of all pods running