Collect, organize, and analyze your data to generate meaningful insight with an extensible, end-to-end platform for governance, analytics, and AI that runs on Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud. With IBM® Cloud Pak for Data, it’s easy to find and access trusted data so that you can put your data to work quickly and efficiently. Make data-driven decisions and operationalize AI with trust and transparency throughout your business.
Cloud Pak for Data can run on your Red Hat® OpenShift® cluster, whether it’s behind your firewall or on the cloud.
- In the cloud: If you have an OpenShift deployment on IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud, you can deploy Cloud Pak for Data on your cluster.
- On premises: Prefer to keep your deployment behind a firewall? You can run Cloud Pak for Data on your private, on-premises cluster. If most of your enterprise data lives behind your firewall, it makes sense to put the applications that access your data behind your firewall to prevent accidentally sharing your data.
Regardless of where you deploy Cloud Pak for Data, you can connect to your data no matter where it lives.
- Private cluster accessing data on the cloud? You’re covered.
- Running in an air-gapped environment? As long as you can connect to your data sources, that works.
- Running on IBM Cloud and accessing data in your on-premises database? Not a problem.
To be competitive and successful, your enterprise must leverage the power of artificial intelligence. Cloud Pak for Data helps you climb the AI ladder by providing a suite of services that support you in your journey to AI.
Cloud Pak for Data helps you connect to your data, no matter where it lives. Cloud Pak for Data includes a Connections page that lists connections that can be used by multiple services. Some services support additional data sources that you can connect to from the service. The platform makes it simple to access your data.
The Watson™ Knowledge Catalog service helps you organize your data through data classification and governance. With the Watson Knowledge Catalog service, you can develop an information architecture that is on-point and ready to keep up with the scale of your data.
Cloud Pak for Data also includes numerous analytics services that can help you generate scalable insight on demand. For example, with Cloud Pak for Data you can use:
- Cognos® Dashboards, which enables you to create stunning dashboards to quickly visualize data
- Streams, which enables you to build solutions that drive real-time decisions by combining streaming and stored data with analytics
- SPSS® Modeler (premium service), which enables you to create flows to prepare and blend data, build and manage models, and visualize the results
With Cloud Pak for Data you can make AI a part of your standard operating procedure. Whether you want to build smarter apps with premium Watson services, deploy machine learning models into production at scale with Watson Machine Learning, or infuse your AI with trust and transparency with Watson OpenScale.
There are many more services that you can install on Cloud Pak for Data. For a complete list, Services in the catalog.
Your data isn’t static. Your machine learning models shouldn’t be static either. As data is added to your on-premises and cloud data sources, you need to continually test and tune your machine learning models to ensure that they give you valuable insight. But you need to make sure that you’re working with high-quality data, which is where the data governance and data integration and preparation services that you can install on Cloud Pak for Data come in.
You know the old adage: Garbage in, garbage out. If your data is poor, your results aren’t meaningful. By bringing data stewards and data engineers together with your data scientists, you can ensure that your data is ready for analysis.
Additionally, you can ensure that any analytics assets that your data scientists create, such as models, notebooks, and Shiny apps are included in a data catalog so that they can be governed and maintained like any other data assets in your enterprise.
With Cloud Pak for Data, you can continuously discover new, valuable insights as data is added to your ecosystem.
Cloud Pak for Data provides a modern data and analytics architecture that is elastic, scalable, and reliable. The end-to-end platform means that you can spend less time managing your data and more time using it to grow your business.
You can choose which services you install on top of Cloud Pak for Data, so that you can use your resources wisely. Whether you want to modernize your data landscape, generate real-time insights to drive business transformations, or deliver exceptional, AI-augmented customer experiences, Cloud Pak for Data has a solution that can propel your business forward.
If you want to become a data-driven enterprise, Cloud Pak for Data should be at the center of your data and analytics ecosystem.
There are two editions of Cloud Pak for Data that you can choose from:
- Enterprise Edition
- Standard Edition
Standard Edition places limits on the number of virtual processor cores (VPCs) that you can have in your cluster. For specific information on the limits, contact IBM Sales.